So rather than wait until the end of the message, I thought I’d get right to the point: Despite the great party yesterday, Stammtisch is still going on today. So please come by. I’ll be there as 9pm as usual. At Cafe Buchhandlung. Map: http://bit.ly/buchhandlung
Thanks to everyone who came yesterday, as especially to Jeff for being the kitchen general, leading the preparations and the wonderful stuffed squash, among many contributions, Jack for being captain of the Turkey roasting, Diana for the legendary Sweet Potato Pie, Baruch for his heroic kitchen contributions that helped us pull off a flawlessly presented feast, Tara for the magnificent apple crumble, Tiffany for the precision Turkey Carving & for providing the spicy Caesar cocktails with Kirstin, who also instructed us on the science of rapid Turkey defrosting, and to Tsvika for his heroic potato peeling and the great performance with Yonatan which provided am unforgettable highlight to the evening,
Another thing happened as we celebrated into the night, the Foundation Vote for the founding of the The Debtors’ Party Association passed. We now have an official Unincorporated Association, which gives us a transparent, accountable way to manage official membership and to make proposals and conduct votes.
If you’re already a member, please login and confirm the constitution, if you’re not yet a member, then send me, or any other member, your email address and we will add you.
The Unincorporated Association will not and can not be our final form of Association, we will most likely move on to found a UK Company Limited By Guarantee, or a German Eingetragener Verein (e.V) that provides a more scalable structure. The Unincorporated Association gives the basic organisational requirements to get started towards the many stages on the road to forming an International party, first and foremost being a way to legally maintain an official membership.
Here is the founding Constitution, courtesy of OneClickOrgs.
Definitions & Membership
- This is the constitution (“Constitution”) of (“The Organisation”).
- The Organisation has the objectives of (“Objectives”).
- The Organisation may hold, transfer and dispose of material assets and intangible assets.
- The Organisation uses an electronic system to carry out its governance (“Governance System”).
- The Organisation has one or more members (“Members”) who support its Objectives.
- Each Member nominates an email address at which they will receive important notices from the Organisation (“Nominated Email Address”).
- Members may access the Governance System at the website http://debtorsparty.oneclickorgs.com
- Members may view the current Constitution on the Governance System.
- Members may view a register of current Members together with their Nominated Email Addresses on the Governance System.
- Members may resign their membership via the Governance System.
Proposals & Decisions
- Members may jointly make a decision (“Decision”) relating to any aspect of the Organisation’s activities as follows:
- Any member may submit a proposal (“Proposal”) on the Governance System.
- A Proposal may be voted on for a period of starting with its submission (“Voting Period”).
- Members may view all current Proposals on the Governance System.
- Members may vote to support (“Supporting Vote”) or vote to oppose (“Opposing Vote”) a Proposal on the Governance System during the Proposal’s Voting Period.
- Members may only vote on Proposals submitted during their membership of the Organisation.
- A Decision is made if a Proposal receives
- except that:
- The Constitution may only be amended by a Decision where
- New Members may be appointed (and existing Members ejected) only by a Decision
- Members may view all Decisions on the Governance System.